"Just the facts, Ma'am" - Sgt Joe Friday

Understanding
The Numbers

Studies

Smoking Bans
And Businesses

Odds and Ends

   

Smoking Ban Links


Nicotine Nannies claim smoking bans are good for business. But if that were the case, could this list exist, and could it be so huge? (Please note, this is only a small sample of articles available on the subject.)

This page uses blogging software to make it easier to search. Each post contains excerpts from the original article. Our comments are in italics. More detailed information is available here.

Bowling alleys feel impact of smoking ban

 
Saturday, September 27th, 2008

Lost Lanes proprietor Natalie Hanks said her establishment has lost 74 regular bowlers from last season due to the recent state law that forbids smoking in public spaces. Her husband, Harry, estimated they had 250 bowlers in leagues last year.

“I would say 65 percent of the dropoff is related to the no smoking law and the other 35 percent for economy reasons,” said Hanks, who owns the 14-lane bowling alley and Found Lounge restaurant (connected to the bowling alley) with her husband Harry.

“We knew there would be a dropoff, but not this severe.”

“I know of four to six houses in Buffalo that closed due to the no smoking law,” Hanks said. “We’re nervous.”


Source: The Meadville Tribune.  Link

Comments are closed.

 

© 2000 - 2011 Dave Hitt

Permission is granted to use this information, in whole or in part, however you like.
Attribution and Links are appreciated but not required.

WordPress Theme Designed By (dasmetech developers, dasmetech@gmail.com)

Home | Contact Us


Like this? Find more at DaveHitt.Com